QUESTION AND ANSWERS – CLOUD HOSTING
- What is Cloud Hosting?
The practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.
i.e. your data is not running from your on-premise solution, but the solution is then placed in certified Data centres.
- What is the difference between traditional servers and cloud?
When it comes to hosting, the biggest difference between cloud and traditional servers lies in the security, accessibility, cost, reliability and scalability. Traditional Servers are lifetime orientated and redundancy is costly. On traditional servers, you are not able to scale down, you can only scale up, however resources are costly.
- Why Cloud Hosting, what is the advantages of Cloud Hosting?
Data is stored safely Off site and reliable services are available 24/7. In the unforeseeable event of any loss of data, we can fail-over to a backup, completely managed by us. Cloud servers can be tailor-made to client’s specifications and presents new opportunities to users.
- How long does it take for a Cloud Server to be configured?
Depending on the size of server the client requires – 72 hours. (limited downtime)
- Will I be able to work 24/7?
Yes, you will be able to work 24/7.
- What is up time?
This is a 99.95% stability and availability, which is normally guaranteed by the Data Centres.
- I don’t know how to manage my own Cloud Server; how will it be managed?
You won’t need to be concerned with managing you own server. The solution we offer is managed, therefore you can concentrate on the important things i.e. doing Business.
- Can a suitable size server for my set up be provided?
Indeed. Any size needed can be provided. No matter the size, the same advantages apply to all Cloud Servers.
- How would I load my data onto the Cloud Server?
Once your Cloud Server has been set up by our team, a convenient date and time will be arranged with you and your data will be copied to your new Cloud Server. You won’t need to do anything.
- How will my data be protected – security on the Cloud Server?
The Data Centres all are protected with strict firewalls to protect client’s data.
From our side, internally, none of your information can or will be used. The client remains the only one with user passwords, therefore we are unable to leak or provide any information unless instructed by the client by giving us written consent.
- Will I get support, should I encounter a problem?
Your Cloud Server is a managed solution, therefore your support on Cloud issues will be dealt with by our own Technical Team.
With regards to Accounting support, we can assist, but the annual license fees must be paid by the client to QuickBooks or Sage Pastel, before support will be given. It remains the responsibility of the client to pay the annual license fees for the Accounting Software Packages. Should the client neglect to pay the annual license fees, we are unable to assist.
- Is there a limit to how many users can work on the Cloud Server?
No, but the solution is catered for user’s specifics in that, if you applied for 10 users, only 10 users will be able to work on the server i.e. 12 users won’t be able to use the server.
- How do I prevent other people from viewing my Server?
Identification Management is crucial. Only authorized and authenticated people must be authorized to access and change the applications and data. Never share your usernames and passwords of the server. Don’t access the server from any public network.
- Can my Cloud Server be up-scale or down-scale per my needs?
Scalability is a characteristic through which increasing workload can be handled by increasing in proportion the amount of resource capacity and vice versa, i.e. we are able to up-scale or down-scale as required.
- Can my email be set up on the Cloud Server?
Yes, we assist with that, however we don’t encourage the use of email on the server, other than use with your Accounting Software. It is possible for you to see all mails sent to your clients through the accounting software and respond to those emails.
- Would I be able to print from the Cloud Server?
Yes, printing is possible from the Cloud Server
- When using the Cloud, will I be compliant to the Consumer Protection Act?
Yes, however it remains your responsibility to keep your Usernames and Password secret to ensure no excess from another party.
- Will I need extra IT help to make the transition?
No, the setup of your server is done by our experienced Technical Team
- What do I need to do to get ready for the cloud?
The availability of a stable internet service and minimum Windows 7 pro is required.
- What happens in the event of data loss?
We cannot be held liable in the event of data loss, however, we offer a Managed Solution which includes the daily back-up of data which is moved to a different Data Centre. In the event of loss of data, recovery to the previous day is possible.